Saturday, June 2, 2012

journal

I recently bought a journal, and I've started journaling. I wish I started earlier. I can't see myself re-reading what I wrote too often, but just the act of writing really helps in terms of slowing down my thoughts, and forcing me to be more introspective. It also puts me into a mindset that is more conducive to prayer and meditation, both of which are things that I've been struggling to do. This probably means I will be writing on this blog less often than I already am.

3 comments:

Jess Tang said...

you should keep an electronic journal. i used to journal manually until i got so frustrated because my thoughts were WAY faster than i could write them down, but with typing, it's MUCH closer a match in speed (and therefore, much less frustrating). just password protect it :)

m said...

but... I type too fast. I kinda like how a journal forces me to slow down. a lot :) I might consider going electronic if this whole written thing doesn't work out. e.g. if it gives me carpal tunnel :O

Jocelyn said...

SIBLING CHAT WAHOOOO!!!
man no! keep updating! they're not mutually exclusive... all the people i'm following are not updating anymore and it makes me sad

also i LOVE JOURNALING. i agree it makes you slow down.

okbyeeee